View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Pretty s****y of Disney Problem is, where does it end. 2020 points for a 1 bed have increased loads, what's to say they won't increase them even more in the future and reduce the larger accomdations some more. It could just get silly
There's two problems.

First is lockoff premium where the guy who has done the whatswrongwithdvc.com website has claimed points can be created out of thin air ad infinitum.
With Poly (and Copper Creek) you have another problem. Hundreds of thousands of points were sold on bungalows which I guess cost well under 500k each to build. Unbelievably profitable.
Unfortunately those points form part of the overall resort points, and how many people bought to stay in them? I suspect hardly any.
So all those points are sold to people chasing studios. At Copper Creek in particular, there are very few studios.
Then what's happened is some those cabin points, after the resort has been sold out, have been put back on studios.
Now DVC are quite entitled to balance points. If a "guide" (commissioned timeshare salesman) told you they wouldn't be changed, this is a basic of the contract you signed I'm afraid. I fully expected studios to go up at some stage.
But I did 12 months intensive research before buying in , and was oblivious to lockoff premium being able to allegedly create extra points out of thin air.
I'm also quite upset because anyone who has studied DVC availability for any length of time, or even looked at Skier Pete's charts, knows DVC 1 beds book last .
So I'm perplexed as to why 1 beds went up. The only thing I can currently think of is because they went up simply because the lockoff premium allows points to be manufactured, allegedly.
What I did expect would happen would be studios go up a bit, they charge more Oct to Dec, less another time (probably summer) and 1 beds come down, and this would balance the supply and demand.
What's happened now seems to make zero sense to me. One of the only 1 beds to get cheaper is the mega popular Kidani value!
So the guy over on his Whatswrongwithdvc.com website seems to be asking questions I'd also like to see an answer to before I can form a valid final judgment.
If however you were told the points couldn't change that's something to take up with DVC or the regulator in Florida, but if you don't have it in writing, good luck proving it I'm afraid.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List