View Single Post
Old 3 May 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't been to the Fjords but I have sailed on several of the P&O's fleet and many years ago on a Thomson one. The staff on the ships are wonderful. That's not an exaggeration. They really do their utmost to please, it's almost embarrassing sometimes. It makes you feel very humble.

Entertainment wise there's far more choice on Ventura. There are several dining rooms. If you fancy a more relaxed dining experience there are grab and go's for during the daytime but you can also have a full meal experience in the dining rooms. There are several evening dining options.

I'll be honest the food is not quite as impressive as it used to be, however, it's not in anyway bad. I think it's very much down to the individual. There's lots of choice available and you certainly don't come away hungry. When I say it's not as impressive I'm being picky and making comparisons to years gone by and it's not just on cruise ships that this has happened.

They normally have several Speakers onboard. These range from authors, sports stars, entertainers etc.

There are theatre productions in the evenings. Normally 2 a night, to make sure everyone has an opportunity to attend. There are also films shown, comedians, singers etc.

Not all on Ventura but on P&O we've seen Craig Revel Horwood, Gorka Marquez, Gemma Atkinson, Diane Buswell (her boyfriend at the time Pete from Emmerdale's - sorry I don't know his name), AJ Pritchard, Katya and Neil Jones. Author Gervase Phinn who all participate in performances or talks. There have been many others but I don't remember all their names, especially the rally drivers or Rugby people etc(sorry).

There seems to be several guests from several walks of life so it's quite varied.