View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
We had two PE upgrades to use when I spot a rewards seat sale even better, so the original plan was to book a trip to Hong Kong but OH was put off by the weather in March not quite sure how we ended up booking a trip to Utah but hey ho we're going .

The original plan was to fly in and out of Las Vegas as its closer to our destination but unfortunately no availability in PE for our dates so we are flying into LAX and out of LV just me and OH.

Flights are with VA in PE and cost just £880 total for taxes and 29,750 miles each
LHR to LAX back LV to LGW. Have booked the Bath Road PI for £37 for the night before. Not sure if we will drive or taxi to the airport yet.

I have spent all week sorting out hotels reviewing and price checking, because its 6 months until we go some of the hotels had limited rooms left but managed to get all the choices we wanted.Also managed to stick to our budget averaging at just under £100 a night with money back from Quidco.

Our 1st night will be spent in the Country Inn and Suites Ontario (thanks Daytonnababe) just outside LA ready for an early start the next day to avoid the traffic madness.

On to Zion Canyon staying at Flanigans Inn for 3 ngts in Springdale

then to Bryce Canyon staying at the Best Western plus Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel for 2 ngts.

then to Torrey staying at the Capitol Reef Resort for 2 ngts

then to Moab staying at the Best Western Canyonlands Inn for 3 ngts

then to Page staying at the Lake Powell Resort for 2 ngts

before driving to Las Vegas for our last night which I have'nt booked yet might try to use some MyVegas coins.

The driving distances between all the places are only a couple of hours each with the longest drive being from LA to Page about 430 miles we enjoy driving in the US and managed to hire a Chevvy Tahoe for quite a reasonable price. OH wanted to get a Mustang which would be nice but after hiring one in January for a day not really ideal for this trip with regards to luggage and comfort( I do like a bigger vehicle)

Will get an Annual pass which is excellant value for $80 for entrance into the parks.

So that's it, feeling really excited about this trip love the National Parks in the US and can't wait to get out there to explore them.
Sounds brilliant

We're doing The Mighty Five in October next year!

We decided pretty much as soon as we returned in April from doing Death Valley, Mojave Preserve, Valley of Fire, Yosemite, Joshua Tree NP.
We had THE best time ever - loved it! (even more than I love Orlando! )

So far accommodation wise, we've only booked The View Hotel in Monument Valley, too soon to book the rest yet.

I'll be picking your brains when you get back!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List