View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 09, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Karma's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I Don't mind!

Originally Posted by Disney Dreamer View Post
Would you still advise this when booking a Dibb villa, or can we assume it's already been done?
I would not mind anyone checking this out for our villa. Bearing in mind that I pay the taxes in January well within the time limit of before end of MARCH. I normally don't get the stuff in the post until then due to Christmas post madness.

I think this is a very important thread and the information should be made a sticky. We do not want any DIBBers getting duped. Paying out money for a villa to find the owner is not paying taxes/mortgage and having nowhere to go.

Just because someone is paying their taxes doe not mean they are paying their mortgage and vice versa.

Also I think you can check that a property is properly licensed as a holiday home business (so the owner is paying the Florida State taxes and tourist taxes on bookings).

I have a UK mortgage on my villa and would happily provide proof that is being paid in the form of annual statements. Our villa is also licensed.
Karma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List