View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

autism and anger

My ds is autistic and has always had anger issues but lately it seems to be getting worse and he seems to be angry all all the time. I do think a lot of it is stemming from school which is always an issue for us but they are currently prepping for sats so its constant testing - he can't cope with getting things wrong or losing and there have been a lot of changes to their usual routine which he finds stressful.

The slightest thing seems to set him off and he has violent destructive meltdowns where he lashes out kicking/punching/ swearing or he smashes things, throws things, slams doors
None of the usual things seem to be helping and I'm at a loss as to what else I can try to help him deal with how he feels in a more constructive way.

anger is one of the few emotions he can actually identify so he knows that is what he feels and I always do the I Know your angry because xyz happened and its ok to get angry but its not ok to kick punch ect because you're angry.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List