View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Hi, on first look it seems quite expensive. FWIW we went to Canada last August and for 2 ad, 2 ch we paid £1600 for Lon - Toronto, Vancouver - London with Air Canada. We are going back to Whistler this Easter and although I've booked a package (got a great deal) I remember seeing return flights to Vancouver for £500 return per person.

We did a similar itinerary to the one you have planned. I would probably do less nights in Victoria and more in Tofino or Whistler. We used Prince of Whales for our whale watching (we got very wet even with their overalls and quite a calm day, so dress appropriately). We also did kayaking in Ucluelet (near Tofino) where we saw a bear and was great fun. I would highly recommend both of these activities. We also did the ziplining in Whistler which was good fun.

If you decide to hire a car (and it's very easy to do so, the driving is easy too plus you might appreciate having the freedom on Vancouver Island) have a look at Virgin Holidays for car hire only as their prices seem to be very good. Some of the things to do near Tofino would be quite difficult without a car, but as we had one I didn't really look into how we would get about without one. We also did surfing in the pacific rim which was good fun.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have and if I think of anything else I will come back.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List