View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We both had hectic lives when we were working with the boys the dogs work etc
When we both decided to I'll say completely retired DH at 58 me 56 2 years ago we thought no way nope we wonder on a daily basis how the heck we had time to work etc between our holidays the grandkids
Doing things we've always wanted to do as individuals together the dogs and as we said telling the kids grow up men bog off we are doing
Such and such we are still as busy as ever
I still have my cleaner ( she's amazing ) and have a company who do the bits that I won't let her do ( tops of cupords high windows etc )
And yet still never enough time if we'd let it but still
It's life work. / what is feasible for us to devote to the kids interests /
( will never forget what Mum said before she died Ian was first in your life and he will be again as you let them fly ) and she was so right
We are having a ball and my boys couldn't tell you if they had clean clothes a tidy house but whenwevstill sit down as a family to eat
A comfort meal they remember that or when I had a wobblerdoing one of there adrenal junkie activities with them so so not my thing
But jeeze they have forgotten the dramas about a certain shirtpair of jeans hot being ready to wear now even although they only had said on yesterday for an hour and have no clue if they put it in the laundry
Or not
Ps all my boys from around 10 had jobs. For pocket money for phones etc theygot nowt for free and it's stood them well DS 1 and 3 are fantastic cooks but untidy as sin DS2 can't cook to save himself but can tidy up do house work
And loves to,iron ( he does the ironing as his dad does watching sport on the telly as DH says he says he's mulity tasking ) IT if you asked the other 2 they wouldn't even know where the iron was kept in there house
DS3 has a thing about the Laundry ( that's me down to the colour of pegs matching )
DS1 oh is he worse than me on the get out of my kitchen when I'm cooking it pains me to say he's the fantastic ll round cook baker preserver my mother was

Edited at 06:15 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List