Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Cole had been very happy in the car

When it came to choosing where to go for their Wedding meal, there was no need to research different restaurants, Michelle and Jamie knew they wanted to got to ‘Ohana.

Once we were off the coach, we all went through the lobby and upstairs to 'Ohana, with Michelle and Jamie going over to check us in

Our tables were ready for us as soon as they checked us in. I think it had been during this year (2019) that the dinner service started at 3pm so Michelle had been able to make bookings at 4pm for us. Unfortunately, they weren't able to seat us on one big table but we were on four tables next to each other, just behind the screen as you walk into the restaurant.

We sat with Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody

Dan, Dave and Cole sat with Mum and Dad

Michelle, Jamie and the kids were on a table for themselves

And then Jamie's parents, sisters and their families were sat on the fourth table.

The coconut-pineapple bread had been left on the table as we sat down

This was really good. We were hungry now, though we had had some cake, it had been a long time since the IHOP breakfast.

Phil took a couple more photos

I love how it looks like Mum has Tinkerbell wings on here!

We had all been give leis too

They had also brought water out to us as soon as we sat down but it took a long time for us to be able to order our drinks. We seemed to have different waiters and we didn't have one coming to our table . As you will see from the next picture, we still only had water when the salad was brought to us

I haven't made a note of what the salad was but it was very nice. Our drinks came out, quickly followed by the two dipping sauces

And then the noodles, veg, pot stickers and chicken wings

This was really good, it was all so tasty. Kaley loved the chicken wings, so much so that we asked for more as she ate so many of them. I really like the noodles and pot stickers.

They also came round with the steak, chicken and shrimp. I didn't have any shrimp, but really enjoyed the steak and chicken, though I only got a picture of the steak

We ate quite a bit between us, we really must have been hungry. It was all so good though, and when the food is in front of you, it's hard to stop eating it.

Cole had been quite upset during dinner, he wasn't very well and just wanted to be held and walked around. Dan and Dave had been taking it in turns to do this while the other ate, so when I had finished, I went over and had a go at walking him around the tables while they both got to eat for a few minutes. It didn't last very long as he just wanted cuddles from his Mum and Dad.

Though we had the issue with ordering drinks and that taking a long time, the food service seemed very quick. We hadn't had to wait long before each different food was brought to the table.

As soon as the table had been cleared, the coconut-banana bread pudding with ice cream and caramel sauce came out

They had also brought some rice krispy squares for the kids. The dessert was really good, I'm not a huge fan of coconut and I really don't like banana but you can't taste either of these and I always avoid the bananas in the sauce.

Phil doesn't like bread pudding so we asked for more ice cream and they were happy to bring some out

Couple more pics

We were all finished in here by 5.30pm, not long really considering how many of us there were. Michelle and Jamie had used their dining plan credits for our meals so I'm not sure what the cost was for this. Jamie's sister had excess credits so they had kindly offered to use theirs for the rest of Jamie's families meals.

We all made our way out of the restaurant and to the monorail station.

Michelle and Jamie were meeting Randy again to have some photos around the Poly for an hour, so they went off to meet him.

Michelle and Jamie originally hadn't known what to do after we had dinner. They wanted us all to be together but the total number of us (27) had made the (affordable) options limited. It was a Halloween Party night so tickets for all of us were very expensive. Doing an event with Disney, something like a dessert party, was so expensive that also wasn't an option. They looked into Illuminations cruises but that would have meant us being on different boats so defeats the purpose of celebrating together. Dan then suggested renting points to book a Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower with a theme park view for the night. They looked into this and it wasn't hugely expensive so they booked it.

Dan, Dave and Cole had driven over there after dinner to check in (more on why soon). They had hoped to do this before we went to 'Ohana but that would have meant them leaving the reception at least 30 minutes before we all did so they decided to do it after dinner.

While they were doing this, we had got on the resort monorail, which was the Toy Story 4 one. I'm not sure if I said it before on another day, this monorail looks fantastic from the outside but is horrible on the inside as you can't see out properly because of the wrapping on the outside. It didn't take long to get there and we were soon walking across the walkway from the Contemporary to BLT.

Phil took some photos while we were waiting

The green and lime green monorails

I like this one

Going back to Dan and Dave doing check in for BLT, this was because they were named on the booking, along with Michelle and Jamie, us, Ryan and Bethany and Mum and Dad. You can have 12 people staying in a Grand Villa and as we were now staying offsite (Michelle and Jamie were still at Beach Club and Jamie's family were also onsite), they had said they would add our names to the booking so that we could use the magic bands for parking tomorrow, on our last park day.

Anyway, we didn't have to wait long for Dan, Dave and Cole to come over after they had checked in. We were on the 14th floor, in room (if you can call it that!) 8422.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List