View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Your sat nav mishap reminds me of the time ours was accidentally set to "Hawaii" instead of "mainland US" and it said there were no theme parks nearby in Orlando.

I am pretty sure the birds were Sandhill Cranes not Whooping, they are much more common here and darker. We used to have a pair visiting us every morning.
Haha, that could have been an interesting detour via Hawaii! We felt a bit silly when we remembered that we had changed the settings, but we got there in the end.

I'm no crane expert, so open to all suggestions. They were more a light grey colour rather than white and it sounds like you know what you're talking about. Regardless of what they were, we loved watching these birds every day. Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great trip and so many amazing pictures too
Love the dining links in each day

I keep trying to tell people that Miami Airport has got better with time, but we usually grab our bags and drive to avoid the shuffle up to MCO.

Your villa looks amazing and the very thought of that view with a glass of wine in the spa pool is something else

A rocket launch and to see the gingerbread house must have made memories beyond imaginable!

Loved reading all about your trip

You know, it was an amazing trip - not to everyone's taste perhaps, but we loved it all. Ah, thank you - I thought the links to the dining report would save me from typing it all out again... a cunning plan to encourage my own laziness

Hmm, it would take some amount of convincing for us to travel through Miami again... I mean, if it's better now then how much worse was it before I think you have the right idea with driving up to Orlando from there.

The villa was great for us, we really enjoyed the views each day. Evenings in the spa were fab! The rocket launch was a huge highlight for us both - a wonderful experience - and seeing the GF Gingerbread House was definitely one for me. It really is all about the memories .

Thank you so much for reading

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List