Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
Cant wait for more! Im loving reading all the new trip pies and pre trippies x
Hey there Kellea

I hope you're well and you had a lovely Christmas. I'm so enjoying reading all the trippies and pre trip reports too.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh yay, you don't know how happy this makes me seeing your pre trippy! All is right with the world again

I'm gutted for you that Max isn't coming but totally get his reasoning, it's definitely not that he doesn't want to spend time with you just that it's all about their friends, I was exactly the same at his age. I reckon if it wasn't for us getting married this summer that Sam wouldn't want to come with us either, this will deffo be his last year . It all does a full circle though as now I'm back to holidaying with my parents and family

Beyond excited to hear about how the DVC came about and Wilderness Lodge is my favourite resort in Disney too, something about feeling a world away from the craziness of the parks but still only a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom!

So what dates are you there from and till? We don't arrive until the 20th August, will you still be there?

The flight prices are insane aren't they, you're lucky you don't rent a car as they're crazy high post Covid!
We thankfully got mine and Jim's flights using Avios but I've just booked Hope's and Sam's along with my parents and sisters doing a BA package of flights, one night at AKL and a car. They're flying into Tampa direct but indirect home, loads cheaper than MCO! You probably know this already but if you add even one night in a hotel onto the flights you only have to pay a deposit and you get 23kg of luggage each which saves £100pp!

Looking forward to reading more of your plans
I'm back in the trip report game I enjoyed writing the Jamaica and Rome trippies last year, but it's good to be back in the Florida section of the Dibb.

I can certainly see things from Max's point of view. He's got other priorities right now. Hopefully you're right and in a few years he will be begging us to take him with us to Florida.

I intend to book flights that arrive home by 17th August at the latest, so leaving Florida on 16th. I'm aiming for this date as I think A Level results day will be 18th August. It's not confirmed yet but it does seem a likely date. So, we will be heading home just before you arrive in Florida, which is a real shame, I'd hoped to gatecrash your hen party. You better be having a hen party!

I have been looking at BA and adding a hotel the night before the flight, it's coming in at £1000 each for our dates for direct. I can get indirect flights for around £600 but I don't want to pay that much! LOL! In years gone by I've waited longer. The year we flew with Aer Iingus I didn't book until late January. So I'm not too worried. There will definitely be flights it's just whether they are at a price I'm happy with!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
So glad you have started this Abby! Will be following and hopefully we will also be out there in the summer 😀
Hey there lovely lady

Did your Christmas plans go ahead or should I not ask? I hope whatever happened that you had a lovely time. I'm looking forward to planning for summer and getting back to the States.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List