View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 4

Animal kingdom today. First fastpass at 8.25 and Tusker House breakfast booked for 8.50. On and off the bus in no time.

We powered to Expedition Everest, Road the ride them headed to Tusker House for our first ever character dining. As we were seated Donald was already in the room so we met him before going for food.

I was fairly impressed with the selection on offer and the Jungle Juice was delicious. Next to visit was Daisy, she seemed to be in a bit of a rush, but with a group of 7 she had a few photos to get taken.

Then Goofy came in for a bit of dancing. Mickey followed and then Goofy did the rounds.

The food was tasty, and the best character interaction was with Goofy.

From breakfast we headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris for our next fastpass. I'm not sure how much Tyler actually saw. He had his monocular with him but still. We saw loads, even the lazy lion and 2 lionesses and a cheetah. Two young male elephants were having a bit of a tussle as we passed.

We now had a bit of time to spare before our FoP fastpass so jumped in to see the Festival of the Lion King, making use of Tyler's DAS to sit as close to the front as possible, we were in the second and third rows on the floor. I love this show.

Next up was Tough To Be A Bug. Tyler loves this, again we were second row from the front. Lily liked it till the end!

Now it was time to head to Pandora. WOW the theming is amazing. We took some photos then headed to the ride. Lilly was a bit scared, which is a not off a running theme. She cries, is scared, goes on the ride and loves it. A cast member at the loading area was really good with her, she crouched down to her level and explained how the ride worked and really put the effort in, I was sorry if not taken her name to give her a Twitter mention of recognition.

Onto the ride, again WOW! This has to be the best ride of this sort I've been on. It was excellent.

Onto the ride, again WOW! This has to be the best ride of this sort I've been on. It was excellent.

Once off, the kids left us to go back for some pool time. Stevie and I had a rum blossom each and the heavens opened, Forest rain of the holiday. We sheltered while having our drinks. I had booked is a fastpass for Dinosaur, but we had a not off time so decided to queue for Navi River. It said 65 mins wait but we were off after 45.

We'd had a message to say Dinosaur was down so we had a open fastpass, which unfortunately didn't include FoP! It looked like Dinosaur was open again so we headed over, used our fastpass and then headed for the bus to Disney Springs to collect our $200 gift card.

The others were heading to Hollywood Studios for the evening, Stevie, Ben and I headed to the world showcase for a bit of Food and Wine Festival stuff. We got Hall way round before the fireworks so intend to go back tomorrow night to finish it.

Steven and Lilly dropped in on their way back. Lily had her face painted and they said HS wasn't too busy. They got on ToT, RnR and meet Mickey and Minnie, as well as Chewie and Darth Vadar.

An earlier night tonight before our last full Disney day tomorrow.