Old 10 Nov 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ant-Man and The Wasp

Second watching of this one as my MCU runthrough nears the end. We’re back with Scott Lang, now under house arrest after larging it in Germany.

Disney+
Fine cast with the addition of Laurence Fishburne and Michelle Pfeiffer among others and a bigger role for Evangelline Lilly’s Wasp.
Keeps the humour of the first without being quite as goofy (truth serum!)
Story is okay (if a little repetitive)

Disney-
The main antagonists are pretty 2-dimensional corporate creeps
I may have lost concentration and missed it but I had to look it up to remind myself why

Scott Lang was back in the Quantum Realm at the start of Endgame

7.5/10 a worthy sequel

Avengers: Endgame

The second part of the behemoth ending to MCU Phases 1-4. Think this threw a lot of people off when it came out. The brilliance of Infinity War left Endgame in a difficult place to start with and I’m not sure myself they managed to overcome it fully with the storyline choices

Disney+
Alright so the final fight is epic
Fat Thor (who also inspired this piece of over-Guardianed journalism)
The always great Peter Dinklage plays a giant dwarf (is there an actor who hasn’t been in a Marvel movie to this point!)

Disney-
A bit like the last 2 Star Wars movies it felt like the writers snookered themselves in the first movie and then struggled to overcome that in the conclusion to the series. A shame because the MCU has been so great largely because it all hangs together so well up to this point. I didn’t like the way they chose to resolve the main storylines, it didn’t make for a fitting conclusion.
The time heist with tenuous link to the multiverse is just plain stupid
At 3hrs, once you’ve seen it the first time it is overstaying its welcome for repeat viewings - it could easily have been 30 minutes shorter and probably should have been IMHO

7/10 Found this hard to rate but can’t get over that large parts of this just aren’t that enjoyable. But it’s still good hence a 7 just not the 8 or 9 I’d been hoping for.

Star Wars - The Clone Wars (feature length predecessor to the animated series)

It took me a while to work out that this isn’t a lumping together of the 2 series animated Clone Wars DVDs I still have somewhere, those have been consigned to the SW canon dustbin it seems and replaced with this movie then 7 seasons of the newer animation which follow

Disney+
Avoids the prequel issues of bad casting of Anakin getting on everyone’s nerves by featuring a completely acceptable voice acting performance from I’m not sure who TBH
SkyGuy and Snips are cute (@introduction of the young Ahsoka Tano)
I do love Jabba’s camp uncle with as sort of New Orleans bordello vibe - I’m sure he was from the original animation

Disney-
The ease with which Jabba is manipulated seems unlikely given his position as the galaxy’s most powerful crime boss

7/10 Arguably better in parts than much of the prequels. Reviews of the main Clone Wars series will follow at some point.

Star Wars: Forces of Destiny

This is a series of very short shorts if you pardon the expression, 2-4 minutes max.

Disney+
Includes a full range of characters from all the movies (main trilogies and the Stories) as well as the Rebels/Clone Wars animations. Allows them to pair up for example Han Solo with Hera to banter about if the Ghost is better than the Falcon. Which is nice.
With a character like Jyn Erso from Rogue One it’s a good chance to get to know them better

Disney-
It’s hard to care about a lot of these stories being so short and without an overall narrative
They were all based on the light side characters. Would have appreciated a Vader story or one of the Bounty Hunters etc. Star Wars has always done that in the games so why not here?
Hit and miss animation. Female characters generally looked like who they were supposed to, the males weren’t great and the Stormtroopers look completely wrong throughout.

6/10 is generous I feel. Some of them are okay but I didn’t much care for these overall. Watchable but not essential unless you’re a completist (spoiler - the lego SW cartoons are more enjoyable).
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 11:03 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List