Old 14 Nov 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Zootropolis (Zootopia)

Saw this at the cinema and really liked it plus a second home viewing so this is a 3rd time of watching a movie that quickly became a family favourite

Disney+
From the moment we arrive in Zootropolis almost everything in this movie works - memorable characters set in a fabulous new world that needs very little expectation, great animation and voice acting and it’s funny throughout
A strong story with satisfying plot twists
I’m pretty sure I used to work with Benjamin Clawhauser

Disney-
Beats me why Disney hasn’t done more with this (outside of is it the Shanghai park?) - there should be at least an animated series by now set in this amazing city

9.5/10 Superb. Currently my favourite Disney movie, probably DD’s as well.

Wreck it Ralph

As a gamer I liked this on the first viewing but hadn’t watch since that original cinema visit with a young DD

Disney+
Retro arcade gaming is an open goal of a concept for an animated movie with so much colour and charm for them to pick from with the inclusion of Pacman, Sonic etc.
The pixelated Steamboat Willy Mickey at the start is my favourite variation on the Disney titles
The odd couple pairing at the centre of this has some charm

Disney-
Hard to escape the feeling that this could have been better. As a concept it’s as rich as say Inside Out but the execution isn’t as good

6/10 one of the strongest ideas for an animated world, brought to life in a so-so way

Ralph Breaks the Internet

First viewing and I had reasonably high hopes...

Disney+
I like the inclusion of the Slaughter Race game/Shank, this section is well realised and more of it would have helped
The Disney section with Princesses, Star Wars characters etc. was just too easy for them and it was okay but could have used better gags or more irreverence ala Shrek (which isn’t necessarily in the Disney playbook)
After this they are unlikely to make another one

Disney-
Too long, got very bored from the hour point onward and couldn’t wait for it to end
A load of big tech brands thrown at the screen to not much effect
Too much time with the Ralph/Vanellope friendship and it ended up a little creepy I felt

4.5/10 if the emoji movie had better IP

Watchlist (In Progress):

Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom
Be Our Chef
The Mandalorian Season 2
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 1

Planned:

Frozen 1 and 2
Onward
Cars
+Christmas stuff from December
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List