View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 16, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Continued

I left G on his bench and went to the Gibson Girl ice cream parlour to try and get a poison apple cup, as I’d not seen one anywhere on the trip, despite seeing people with them. The guy behind the counter said they’d sold out resort-wide. Boooo. They also didn’t do any dairy free ice cream, so I had a massive pout on. They do entire vegan sundaes in WDW, why not in Disneyland!? I got G an ice cream though while I was there - a waffle cone with a scoop of butter pecan and rainbow sherbet. The sherbet ice cream smelled so good, I could have cried! I knew that Clarabelle’s in DCA sold vegan ice cream, so decided I’d call there later after World of Colour.

Before we crossed over to DCA, we had a quick look in the entrance of Great Moments With Mr Lincoln and looked at all the treasures.

s1354.photobucket/user/sa...l?sort=2&o=772

On the way into DCA, I spotted fancy Hollywood Minnie and ran up as it looked like they were ready to retire for the evening. Minnie looked so cute!

We went to the waterfront area to find a good spot and it was already rammed. Uh oh! The show wasn’t starting for ages yet! We found a spot we thought would be ok and set up camp. It was up on the street level and quite far back, but it would do. It was chilly and standing around wasn’t very fun. But the games on the fun wheel were entertaining.

I didn’t take photos during the show though, as I wanted to enjoy it without any distractions. It was absolutely beautiful and I got emotional and cried a little bit! Some of the scenes in the show were so sad too - why bum everyone out on a fun evening in Disney?! It was amazing though! It was a bit of a rush leaving the park, as it was closed. I couldn’t be bothered to fight through the crowds to get to Clarabelle’s, so went with the hoarde towards the exit. I stopped at the Oswald store at the front of the park and picked out a cute Oswald pin for my collection.

As it was only 9 pm and Disneyland was open for another hour, I wanted to squish as much in as I could before we went home. G was happy to plonk himself on a bench as he was exhausted, and I ran off on my own. It was exciting to be on my own in Disneyland I wanted to go on Indiana Jones again, but feared the queue would be massive. So headed to my next favourite Disneyland ride - the Matterhorn. I jumped in the single rider queue and didn’t wait too long, but long enough that I needed a wee by the time I got to the front of the queue. Eeek! Riding the Matterhorn at night was really fun and it felt even faster! But all the laughing and squealing was painful on my full bladder and I had to pretty much run off the ride to go to the toilet haha. My bladder has never been the same after having a 9lb 3 baby!

I went to the Alice toilets, which were cool, then looked around for something else to do. The carousel! I hadn’t ridden yet! :O So made my way there and joined the queue. I only had to wait for one round before I joined the loading area. I really wanted to try and ride Jingles and had been watching where it was as the ride stopped. I was right at the back of the queue, so figured I’d not get a chance to find it. But as the gates opened, I rushed straight to the back and everyone else raced to the nearest horse. And there it was! Jingles! What a beautiful horse! I climbed on, rather inelegantly in my dress and sat there beaming from ear to ear. As I was on my own, I didn’t have anyone to take my photo. So tried to take some really rubbish selfies. But yay! Jingles! I felt quite emotional while riding and it was the perfect way to end our last day in Disneyland

On the way back through the castle, I stopped for some photopass pictures. The photographer was good fun and got me to do a variety of silly poses

I skipped back to meet G and we walked back to the hotel, me with the biggest pout ever as I didn’t want to leave We were in bed by a decent time and we didn’t have to get up really early in the morning - hurrah!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List