View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I know that Virgin have treated customer's appallingly and whatever their justification for this they have broken the law!

We were not affected, because although we have always flown with Virgin from London airports in the past, we chose for this year to book, firstly with Thomas Cook, and then with TUI from Manchester as we now live in the north. TUI refunded us in full very quickly after announcing cancellation.

Having said that, our next trip (God willing) will be in 2022 and have booked a Virgin Flydrive, it may be a little more costly in the long run, but at least I only had to pay deposit rather than full flight price. I made two stupid mistakes when booking online, firstly wrong date (I know - like I said stupid) and secondly date of birth. I had to ring them twice to sort it out because although I realised the travel date mistake immediately I didn't realise about the date of birth until the next day. The people I spoke to on the phone couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful.

As others have said, options flying out of Manchester are limited

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List