View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 09, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
we are coming to London for wimbledon, not sure if I have done well or not but booked to stay in the Travel Lodge Drury Lane, Covent Garden. What will be the easiest to get to their from Kings Cross when my train gets in and then from Covent Garden to Wimbledon itself. All advice appreciated, London novice

I would take the tube (Piccadilly line, dark blue) to Earls Court and change onto the District line (Green). Make sure your train is heading for Wimbledon as the the District line branches out at Earls Court. This is probably your best way in and out of central London, though there are several main line trains stopping there. There is one to Waterloo which I know little about. Covent Garden tube station is on the Piccadilly line. You should go through it as you go to Earls Court from Kings Cross.
Remember the stop for Kings Cross is actually Kings Cross St Pancras. You have to put the full name into the Transport for London journey planner if you use it.

Wimbledon is not too far out, but not that near either. Though fairly easy to get too and from. Wimbledon has some good shopping and a very good regional theatre. There is also a greyhound track on the outskirts of Wimbledon. It is the home of the British Greyhound Racing Association. My mum and dad like racing and we go when they come down. There is no bus to the stadium so it is best to take a taxi. If you are thinking of going try lovethedogs/

Peter

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List