View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 11, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Gosh I'm so hungry today, I don't know whats wrong with me1 Totally craving chocolate but haven't got any in so thats a good thing. Although Alex has just said to me ''any idea what I could make with flour, butter, icing sugar, sugar vanilla extract and water?'' good god, no idea what he's up to! Luckily I've eaten all the eggs at lunch so a cake is out!

Aww bless them for sleeping together in the dogs bed - cats are so funny aren't they, such unusal little characters!

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you and Dan have simiar tastes to us! and I so know what you mean about having to stay away from things you like and its not so bad baking things you don't like, luckily I didn't like dried fruit so Alex tends to get snacks like bars and things with raisins in when I'm low carbing. Although I have been known in the past to pull all the currents out of a scone or out of a fruit and nut bar.

HAHA thats so funny to see your team on rides! I love the big rides! I always have ever since being little! My parents do too, especially my mum - she went on Kracken before I dared! They scare the hell out of me but that just makes me want to do them more. It was so funny cause when I first met Alex he was terrified of rollercoasters, I took him to Blackpool once and we went on the Big One and he actually made them stop the ride just out of the station and pull it back so he could get off! He was shaking like a leaf! In fact the first time we went to Orlando he still had a massive fear of rollercoasters and refused to do anything big - that was the year I was ill so time was short anyway and so it didn't bother me too much. I do remember going on Doctor Dooms fearfall on my own though and space mountian. Shortly after that trip I took him to Alton for the first time and we walked up to Nemesis and I was like ''shall we?'' he was shaking, proper shaking, but he wanted to go on it so one we went. Afterwards he was as white as a sheet but admited it wasn't too bad. As the day went on we did Nemsis a few more times, each time he relaxed a bit more and then we progressed to the mine train (lol) and then to Air and finally to Oblivion, then came Rita and he LOVED it. By the end of the day he'd gone from shaking and nearly passing out to holding his hands in the air and screaming and laughing - what a transformation! I was so pleased but to be honest I created monster - he's now ride crazy! The bigger, the faster, the higher, the wilder, he wants on it, nothing at all stops him, he even laughs at me now when I'm scared! He also loves seeing the ''newbies'' as he calls them, so if we are in queue for like Tower of Terror or similar he'll laugh at them and try and get on the same ride as them just to watch their faces - quite ironically twisted really! I have my limits, anything that 'hangs' you upside down is not for me, so submission at Alton is a no no, Alex loves it, but I don't like feeling like the only thing holding me in are the bars, but generally any roller coaster is fine with me. Have you been on Sheikra? Thats his favorite, scared the life out of me! Do you like them too? I think my favorite ride has to be Tower of Terror, and rollercoaster wise - Everest i'd say or rock n rollercoaster.
We try to go to Alton every year as my friends come up from Dorset and we go then. Last year we went in April and Oct, the April one was a wash out as it rained and was full of groups of people with the sun pass thing - sorry to say most of them were not the kind of people I like to be sandwiched in a queue with.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List