View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

That's exactly me too Amy and Liz! I hate heights, literally I start to shake, even up a step ladder for goodness sake! So, I also hate lift hills - especially Oblivion and Shekria but funnily enough I didn't mind Rockit I suppose as it went so fast. Shekria scared me silly with the height. I think I mentioned this before but I also hate deep water and I also don't like thinking about what is below me, I'm a pretty good swimmer too but deep water makes me panicky, in fact when I went to Discovery Cove I wore a life jacket for the dolphin swim when they take you out in deep water, stupid really as I can swim it fine.
Funnily enough I don't mind Doctor Doom or any 'droppy rides' but only if they shoot you up - if they go up slow like at Thorpe you can get me off right now! I wasn't a fan of Thorpe in general cause too many of the rides 'hung' me upstide down.

Last time we were on Doctor Doom, we were with a newbie and the ride attendants must have spotted their fear and thought it was hilarious to shout over the speaker into where we were ''code red, the bars are not locked, I repeat the bars are not locked'' right as it was lifting us up and just before it shot up in the air, we heard it going up! When we came back down we just heard this laughter and then saying ''sorry we thought that was funny'' but the person next to us was white as sheets. BWahaha!

I don't like lift hills as you know and so when we got stuck on Fate of Atlantis at SW on the lift hill I was a wreck. We had to climb out and walk down the lift hill, Alex takes the pee out of me all the time for that as it is the smallest lift hill but it still freaks me out. On the way out after being rescued the ride attendant gave us free passes to get stright back on once it was fixed and I was like ''are you joking?! '' I was hysterical and this was made worse by the fact that the woman in front of us decided to use our ''stuck time'' to ask us if we'd ever met the queen as we were British (rolls eyes) whilst her young son demonstrated that he could ''get out of the bars'' and decided to stand up. Not good. I also got stuck on Everest where you go backwards and the track flips and the shadow of the yeti is in front, well the track only flipped half way but they managed to pull the ride back and set us off again so that was fine. We also got stuck on Dinosaur and had to climb out and walk back but that wasn't too bad as its not high or anything. I'm sure I've had more stuff like that but I can't remember what at the moment. Still like rides though! Would LOVE to be in the rollercoaster club! I've seen them on TV! Total rollercoaster and ride geek too. Have you ever seen screamscape.com? I love reading that website.

Amy, do you mean Fairfx? If so I've had mine for over two years now and thats how we take our money. I don't bother with travellers cheques anymore as we had problems getting them accepted and cashed then we discovered Fairfx and swapped to that. Its owned by by Newcastle building society who im sure you've heard of as they are massive. Would highly reccomend. We also pay our DVC dues that way and we bought Seaworld tickets online with our Fairfx last time which makes them a lot cheaper. I have 2 Fairfx cards - the reason for this is that one card has a very low balance on it and we keep that in the safe and the other has the bulk of our money on it and we use that everyday, if the main card gets lost or stolen then we simple call Fairfx and they will stop the 1st card and transfer all the funds onto the 2nd card. It makes it a lot safer. You can get them free through the Dibb too. We do take some smaller cash for tolls and stuff. What type of bad reviews have you heard? I've virtually heard none against the Fairfx and have no concerns or problems myself. Give it a couple of years and they will do away with TCs and everyone will be using cards and I'm sure Fairfx will be the king of dollar travel cards.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 08:03 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List