View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Just The Food - Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - Round 2!

After enjoying the DxDDP on our 2014 trip (read it here), we decided we would upgrade the free dining plan that came with our reservation (at Wilderness Lodge) to deluxe once again!

And since Dibbers love to know all about the food, I thought I'd do a separate food report again too! If you want the full report, here's my Halloween in the Wilderness 2015 Index.

As I write each part of this report, it'll be linked to the food index at bottom of this post.

We didn't "make/save" as we did in 2014, this is down to us not doing as many Signature Dining Restaurants this year, and by using some meal and snack credits at Epcot Food & Wine. We actually ended the holiday with 10 meal credits left over (compared with 2 last year), so we spent them on a huge character cookie haul on the last day - not the best use of them in monetary terms, but it's all good!

Here is the breakdown, for those that like the facts and figures:

We paid $2,086.38 to upgrade from the free DDP to the DxDDP.

Our total dining and snack bills came to $4,379.56 (approx., I was a bit lax with some of the snack prices) We spent $564.64 on tips.

Which means we saved $2,293.18.

Someone mentioned about the free dining, covering some of this spend...however, in my mind, that was free, so I'm just taking into account what we spent and how I feel we saved

For those not in the know, this is what you get on the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan:

3 meal credits (which are interchangeable and can be used either as counter service or table service or for 3 snacks, purchased at the same time)
2 snack credits

per person, per night of your stay + 1 refillable mug which can be filled at any Disney resort, not just your home resort.

For the 3 of us, we had a total of 126 meal credits and 84 snack credits for our trip.
  • For table (lunch/dinner) service we could have one appetizer, entrée and dessert plus a non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For signature dining, we could have one appetizer, entrée and dessert plus a non-alcoholic beverage, for two credits, per person.
  • For table (breakfast) service we could have one entrée and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For a buffet, we could have one full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For counter service, we could have one entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • New this year was the ability to use 1 meal credit in exchange for 3 snacks, purchased at the same time; and also meant we could use them at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

Any questions - just ask! Always happy to help!

I added two additional nights to our holiday, months after the original booking. We didn't have a dining plan for these, so paid out of pocket. But in the interest of food photos I'll be including those meals in this report too! There are also a few counter service meals dotted about - this is when my son went off and did his own thing. I may not have photos for these things! Oh, and any notable snack photos I come across, I will slot them in.

Here is where we dined on our 2015 trip:

Disney Pizza Delivery
Bahama Breeze (Lunch) (off site)
Landscape of Flavors (CS Breakfast)
Snack: Chip 'n' Dale Mountain Mix
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Dinner)
Farm Fresh (Epcot Food & Wine)
Scotland (Epcot Food & Wine)
Hawaii (Epcot Food & Wine)
Desserts & Champagne (Epcot Food & Wine)
Brazil (Epcot Food & Wine)
Belgium (Epcot Food & Wine)
La Cantina de San Angel (CS Lunch)
Le Cellier Steakhouse(Signature Dining)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Lunch)
Cape May Cafe (TSB Dinner)
Kona Cafe (TS Breakfast)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (Dinner Show)
1900 Park Fare (Character Buffet Breakfast)
Casey's Corner (CS Lunch)
California Grill (Signature Dining)
Roaring Fork (CS Lunch)
Artist Point (Signature Dining)
Boma - Flavors of Africa (TSB Breakfast)
Casey's Corner (CS Lunch)
Mickey's Kitchen Sink
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2015 Cupcakes
Trails End (TS Lunch)
The BOATHOUSE (Signature Dining)
Ireland (Epcot Food & Wine)
Canada (Epcot Food & Wine)
France (Epcot Food & Wine)
Belgium (Epcot Food & Wine)
Japan (Epcot Food & Wine)
Italy (Epcot Food & Wine)
Funnel Cake
Brazil (Epcot Food & Wine)
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (CS Lunch)
Roaring Fork (CS Dinner)
Typhoon Tilly's (CS Lunch)
Jiko - The Cooking Place (Signature Dining)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Breakfast)
Wetzel's Pretzels + Starbucks
Wolfgang Puck Express (CS Lunch)
Boma - Flavors of Africa (TSB Dinner)
Greece (Epcot Food & Wine)
Dominican Republic (Epcot Food & Wine)
Refreshment Port (Epcot Food & Wine)
Patagonia (Epcot Food & Wine)
New Zealand (Epcot Food & Wine)
Australia (Epcot Food & Wine)
Craft Beer (Epcot Food & Wine)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature Dining)
Roaring Fork (CS Breakfast)
Hollywood Brown Derby (Signature Dining)
Tusker House (TSB Breakfast)
Mickey's Ice Cream Sandwich
Narcoossees (Signature Dining)
Character Cookies
Tony's Town Square (TS Lunch)
Mickey Marshmallow Wand, Olaf Cake Pop, Gingerbread Mickey
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List