View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

WDW-40: 2016 - A Month of Food!

WDW-40: 2016 - A Month of Food!

I know that Dibbers love checking out the different food, snacks, and restaurants at Disney, and around Orlando, so I thought I'd start writing up my 3rd food only report! (Links to all my other trippies in sig!)

In my previous two reports, we were on the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - this time it's all out of pocket as we are now Disney Vacation Club Members! We looked into buying the plan, but it's just not value for money if part of it isn't "free" with a resort booking

We did however buy a Tables in Wonderland Card (TiW). This is a discount card for Florida residents ($175), Annual Passholders, and DVC Members. For APs and DVCMs the cost is $150.

This gives you a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcohol) at over 100 participating restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort. 18% tip/gratuity is added automatically – no matter how big the size of the party. It is valid for up to 10 people on one check, and you also receive free Resort Valet or Theme Park parking for dining purposes.

Preamble

The name of this trip is WDW-40, because we were out there celebrating my 40th birthday in September 2016! It was a couples holiday this time around, with just my husband (Steve) and me (Michelle) (my teen stayed home with his dad) My brother (Chris) and his fiancee (Meg) joined us for a couple of weeks too. All my photographs from my trip will be in my Florida 2016 Collection on Flickr.

Me with Steve, Chris & Meg

We went for a day shy of a month, the longest we've ever been! It was first DVC trip, and with our points doubled on purchase, we decided to splurge them!

We did a multi-split stay -
  • Vero Beach for 5 days
  • Polynesian for 2 weeks
  • Animal Kingdom Villas for 1 week
  • SSR for 1 night

I'll be including both Disney Dining, Epcot Food & Wine Festival food, other theme park dining, and offsite dining in this report.

As always any questions - just ask! I'm always happy to help!

Here is where we dined on our 2016 trip:
I will update this to the links as I write them!

OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 08:20 PM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List