Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 8, Resort Time, Disney Springs and Epcot

The previous day is HERE.

Thursday 10 October 2019

We were hoping to have a lie in today but both girls were awake before 7am. We took our time getting up and had some cereal in the room. Our plan was to swim at the resort this morning and Madison and Kaley had said they wanted to use the pool at French Quarter, rather than the main pool at our resort. We did the usual hair, suncream, getting dressed and left just before 9am. It was a beautiful day

You can get the boat from POR to POFQ but we wanted to walk so crossed the bridge near our building and headed toward FQ

We had taken our refillable mugs with us, we got so much use out of our mugs this year, more so than any of our other onsite holidays

Oops!

Posing for silly photos

Rare photo of me and Phil

The buildings at POFQ are really pretty too

We were soon at the main pool

As it was fairly early, it was lovely and quiet. I wasn't fussed about going in (I can't be doing with having to re-do my hair) so found a couple of sun loungers and Phil and the girls went straight in. We could see pretty much the whole pool from where we were sat so it was easy to keep an eye of the girls. Whilst Phil was in the pool with them, I went to the food court to get drinks for us all. They have the Coke Freestyle machines here so I had a coke zero with lime. Wow, the colour of the lime was bright green!

They all had loads of fun in the pool and loved the slide. After a couple of hours they were done and we got our stuff together to go back to our room.

Phil and the girls had showers and I got together everything we needed for the rest of the day.

These were the drinks Phil had gotten from HS

We left at 11.55 and drove to Disney Springs. We were parked in the Lime garage, level 3, row 4 at 12.15pm

We walked through the Marketplace area

I do love SSR, it's such a pretty resort.

We were going to one of my favourite places for lunch, Wolfgang Puck Express

I love the food here, there is a good choice on the menu and it's really good value on the dining plan

It wasn't busy and we were able to order straightaway. We got our drinks and found a table in the back part of the restaurant

(Look at that vibrant orange! )

Catching up on notes again

We didn't have to wait long before our food came out. Phil had the Barbecued Chicken Salad - romaine, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, corn, black beans, poblano peppers, crispy tortilla strips, ranch dressing. This was $13

He really enjoyed this and liked having something lighter to eat.

I had the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, crispy onion strings, port wine sauce. This was $18.50

This was really good, I usually just go for one of the pastas but I had seen this on so many trip and dining reports that I wanted to finally try it. I was glad I did.

For Madison and Kaley, we had ordered two things for them to share; the Half Rotisserie Chicken - rosemary, mashed potatoes, garlic butter. This was $16.50

And the Crispy Chicken Tenders - French fries. This was $13.50

These were both also really good, all of the chicken and the fries were eaten.

We had gotten four fountain drinks with our meals ($3.15 each) and the total cost should have been $78.92. We used 4 QS credits to pay. I also used a snack credit to get a Crème Brulee ($6) as this is one of my favourite dessert items at WDW

This was as good as I remembered it being and I ate the whole thing, with a little bit of help from Madison and Kaley. We left an $8 tip for our server who had been really good and headed out about 1.10pm.

We went over to Goofy's Candy Co to get something for the girls. Kaley decided she didn't want anything. Madison had an M&M covered chocolate marshmallow. This should have cost $5.32 including tax but we used a snack credit.

We made our way back to the car

Madison's treat from GCC

Sitting in the boot as you do

We were back at the car by 1.25pm and were soon on our way to Epcot.

We parked in Journey, row 6, at 1.40pm

We walked to the entrance

We were soon in the park

We had our free FP to use so were going straight to Test Track to use it

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List