Thread: Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thank you. I was hoping to do Oahu, Kauai and Maui, not sure how I’d narrow it down to 2. Maybe I’ll have to beg a couple of extra days off work so we can extend our time.
I’m not good at following my own advice (our first visit we did six nights Oahu and three nights Maui) but with each island change you lose the best part of a day. If you do three with 12 (or 14 or so if you can swing it) you’re going to spend a lot of time in airports / checking in and out / dropping off and picking up rental cars etc.

I really really wouldn’t do three islands with only 12 nights and I’m not sure I’d do it with 14.

Like I say I’m not good at following my own advice and many people told me not to do Oahu and Maui with only nine nights but I did it anyway. Our next trip was much better as we had three weeks (minus the travel time so actually 19 nights) but we only did three islands to try and maximise our island time