View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I doubt this change will make much difference to the numbers of people visiting. It won't put off the majority of families from visiting, either Americans or Brits/Europeans. The parks, and hotels in the area, will remain busy.

Sure, an average American family of 4 spending 6 days at Disney will now have to cough up $360 for Genie+ for the whole of their stay. But that family are probably spending more than that on just one cellphone contract. They'll spend more than that on takeaway coffees over a few months. They were willing to spend over $500 on tickets to the Boo Bash After Hours event this September just to spend 3 or 4 extra hours in Magic Kingdom one night. Or they were going to spend $400 to let their two kids build their own lightsabers that they'll play with for a week and then will forget about.

It might put a few people off, some of whom will still visit Orlando but go to Universal or the other attractions instead. But equally there'll be a lot of new people coming to the parks.
I agree, the American middle classes (i.e. Disney's target market) are incredibly time poor but relatively disposable income rich and my numerous conversations with my American colleagues on a daily basis back this up.

They wont even blink at 360 bucks for Genie+ and to be honest they could double it and they would barely blink.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List