View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Tickets are included with DLP onsite hotels (at least when booking direct - not sure on third party, haven't checked) so you're potentially double counting a huge portion of your cost. And same as WDW, I wouldn't personally pay for the dining plan unless you would be eating at the prix fixe TS restaurants every day. Even then, I think you'd only break even. Much cheaper to pay OOP if you're planning to mix TS and QS.

I have 2 nights (3 days park tickets) booked at Sequoia Lodge in March for £280. Airfare currently priced around £60 return. 6 nights onsite WDW in a similar shoulder season would cost me triple that for the hotel alone, plus tickets and flights adding around 1k on top.

ETA: That is solo. Same hotel would be £650 room + tickets for 4 adults - couldn't be bothered entering child birthdays.
I’m not double counting, those were just different options, the user said with standard dining so I was trying to get to a similar idea to what was said. And that got to nearly 2K.

Obviously going to WDW for such a small amount of time would be more expensive, but when you try and compare apples with apples, a lot of people go WDW for two weeks, and if you work out your per night cost at around £170 then your talking nearly £2400 for 14 nights if you was to do that. WDW will always be more expensive for a short period because your flight is always going to be considerably more.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List