View Single Post
Old 7 May 09, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

So-Cal & Vegas Baby! part 4

Day 5 (April 4th)

We wake early and I leave DW & DD packing and take DS with me in a cab to the Car hire shop.
We hunted high and low for a hire company that provided one way hire with no surcharge and also had convertibles available. We thought we had with Thrifty but it appears they have added some "extras" on to our credit card which are currently been disputed.

Car chosen we headed back to Fishermans wharf to collect DW/DD who were checking out.
It took an age to find out how the roof works and after a little help from the bell boy it was down!

now... I have always been a little concerned with the amount of luggage space available with the roof down...and my fears were correct!
we manged to fit one suit case in the trunk and had to have a holdall on the backseat between the kids and one below wifes feet in passenger footwell!..but it didnt matter..the roof was down it was sunny (still cold though!) and we was heading south to LA.

We had planned to do this trip over 3 days taking in as much as the coast as possible...so after the must do of driving down the curly bit of Lombard Street we headed to the coast..Pacifica was added in the GPS but the that wanted to take us via the nearest freeway...never fear..if we just keep heading west we will hit the coast and we can then head south...Pacifica wont be far... apart from it took us about 2 hours just to get out of San Francisco...i think we was all wishing we took the freeway offered!

Once we go to the coast we was greeted with empty beaches with breathtaking scenery

We stopped off at Santa Cruz for lunch and parked up near the boardwalk and had a first real chance to touch the pacific

DS did confirm it was very cold! and yes we still had those sweatshirts on!

after lunch at Santa Cruz we headed off to our first nights stop over which was just outside Mounterey. After checking in we headed in to Monterey and parked just in front of fishermans wharf and walked along the promenade to Cannery Row..to be honest...and although we only had a few hours here...i was a little disapointed.
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List