View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

An update on Isabel - page 27

First of all, thank you for every kind word posted on my last thread. Sometimes it was hard reading and I had to have a few days break, but it’s lovely to know we have been in people’s thoughts and prayers. We are a true DIBB family: we love Florida and all of our wonderful treasured family holidays have been made better through advice and tips from you all.

I thought some may like an update.

Isabel deteriorated just a couple of days after landing home and by Monday she had been admitted to Aintree hospital to try to manage her pain. The staff there have been amazing. An MRI showed that there are 2 tumours in her spine that they were very concerned about, and she was transferred to Clatterbridge yesterday for an immediate dose of radiotherapy. She was quite ill after this but we are hopeful this may stunt its progress there.

On Thursday they did biopsies from the lymph node and liver, to confirm the cancer there has come from the kidney which they think is the primary. The consultant at Aintree said 10 million patients had passed through there while he’d worked there and he’d never seen this form of cancer before.

The lovely renal consultant we met here at Clatterbridge yesterday also said he’d never seen this in a girl of just 19 and that’s why they needed to check the other tumours are related as it’s so rare. We will now wait for the results of the biopsy but if kidney cancer is confirmed they are looking to start immunotherapy straight away.

Hopefully we can get a pain regime sorted and the radiotherapy will begin to relieve the pain in her spine 🤞🏻 So we can take her home and do therapy as a day patient, though the Teenage ward and it’s staff here at Clatterbridge are as lovely as a hospital can possibly be.

Thanks again to our DIBB family xxx

Isabel watching the dolphins on AMI - another fab DIBB tip

Edited at 09:13 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List