View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Yes, I’d replied above to say that if the MNSSHP is held on the same nights as in 2019 then it would only affect us on the 18th, as that’s the only Tuesday / Saturday (or Friday) afternoon we plan to be at MK, and hopefully we’ll just get tickets for the 18th. If the dates are different in 2020, we’ll need to rejig our plans.

I think I must have forgotten to mention that this itinerary is based on getting to the restaurants and rides we’re most keen on. As with the MNSSHP dates, we’ll have to rejig it if we don’t get the ADRs we want, but we won’t know that until our ADR day in February, so this is my best guess for now.
We’re on the free DDP, but DH wants to upgrade to the DXDDP (I think he’s genuinely planning to sit and eat throughout the entire holiday, but I don’t think the rest of us will have the time or appetite to benefit from the DXDDP, so we haven’t agreed on that yet.)

Thank you, I’m sure we will!
This year the MNSSHP were on three times a week, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. You have daytime visits on Tuesday and Sunday which are good days to go as many people stay away due to early close. You have also got visits planned on a Wednesday and a Thursday, I would rethink those as MK is very busy on non party days.

We have done deluxe dining before for five days and we have upgraded to deluxe for the next trip of eleven days. It is not about having a big appetite, I don’t have a big appetite either. However I like signature dining so it means I can do more of them and signature meals are smaller than your average QS. Also I do not often eat desserts but I like a starter and the deluxe plan allows me to have a starter not a dessert (well it allows both but I don’t want both). The other reason I upgrade is that I don’t like the QS experience in the parks; they always seem so busy and it is hard to find a clean table or indeed any table at too many I have looked in. I prefer to know I will have a table.

For the five day trip it was really easy to use up the credits, one breakfast and a signature each evening. It is harder for eleven days though and I think there will be some credits left over as we probably will not wish to have eleven signature meals in eleven days. I am happy to accept that I won’t maximise the value of the plan, but then I use snack credits on water, which I know is a Dibb crime.

Unless you think your family will want a lot of signatures, I doubt it would be worth upgrading to deluxe. It is a shame there is not something in between DDP and dxDDP.

I don’t think there is any need to book TS well in advance. I always have as I like doing it, but once I arrive, I end up changing nearly everything anyway. There are a couple of places that can be hard to get more than a few weeks past the 180 day mark, but even these become available again as people cancel at the last minute. I have picked up hard to get Cali Grill brunch, Cinderella Royal Table, BOG pre park opening, Akershus pre park opening and Beaches & Cream all either on the day or the night before.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List