View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

It would be easy just to let it go but hey - there are plenty homeless people in my city centre would welcome this money. It's just the lenght of time it takes to do the necessary things needed. For instance - the Highways tolls people just show the bill on the website - no PDF or way of downloading it. I had to take a screenprint, load it into photoshop, take a copy of the relevant piece of the screen, copy & paste then save as a JPG - with 2 different shots of the bill. Then I had to get the photos of us at the toll cash machine off the mobile & into the laptop. Put said photo's & toll bill jpg's into a folder. Went to upload it to credit card company only to find I can't upload jpg's - they want portrait style doc, TIFF or PDF's. What to do?
I opened 4 new word pro docs and inserted the jpg's into the 4 word docs & saved them as PDF's. About an hour later - I finally got them uploaded. I may have gone a long way about things but the old brain doesn't work in fast mode these days and all my so-called PC skills have been gathered in college, uni & my work over ~ 30 years without any formal courses. Just make it up as I go along.
Anyway, I have my life back for a while until I get a reply from Avis, the Highways Tolls people or my CC company.
Thanks for reading - I can almost laugh at this ridiculous situation. Oh how I wish I had paid the guy in the cabin & got receipts

Katie