Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 16 Boarding the Disney Dream

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 16, Boarding the Disney Dream

The previous day is HERE.

**Phil was reading my trip report recently and he pointed out that I had missed something from a previous day, so I need to add it now as it was quite a big deal. (At least I don't think I mentioned it.)

It was while we were packing on our last night at OKW. We were all packing, tidying, sorting, etc. and Phil went very quiet and started emptying all of his stuff. We asked what was wrong and he said he couldn't find the memory cards. The memory cards of the holiday so far, including all of the ones from the Wedding Day!

He looked awful. He literally emptied out all of his stuff and couldn't find them. If I remember correctly, he went through all of his stuff two or three times. Ryan's case was in the living area so he emptied his too, but still nothing. We (Phil, Mum, Dad, Bethany, Ryan and I) checked everywhere, all the cupboards, the bedrooms, the safe about four times and still couldn't find them. It was like the monorail episode on the Wedding day again, we were all so quiet, we couldn't believe it and didn't know where else to look or where they could be.

I was being really calm on the outside but inside I was so mad with him. He only had to look after his camera stuff and now he couldn't find all the memory cards and I just couldn't imagine telling Dan that he had lost all the Wedding photos.

One last look through everything and he decided to look down the sides and back of the sofas and THANKFULLY, he found them, yay! (He had been going through the photos earlier and had thought he had put the memory cards away.) We were all so relieved, it had been an absolutely horrendous 30 minutes or so and we all breathed a huge, collective sigh of relief when he found them. **

Anyway, back to the scheduled day.

Monday 26th October 2015

The alarm went off at 6.10am and Phil and I got straight up. With the Wedding Day being the first, this was the second most anticipated day of the holiday! We had the usual rush to get the last bits packed, showered, dressed, tidied, etc. I had accumulated quite a lot of toiletries!

Phil starting loading the car at 7.30am as we had planned the night before. As we were doing a final sweep of the rooms, I found this that Madison had left for Mousekeeping, bless her

We were all done and in the cars at 8am, 10 minutes later than we had hoped to leave. We drove up to the IHOP where we were meeting Dan, Dave and his family and arrived just before 8.30am. They had already been waiting quite a while for us, as we were late and it took us longer to get there than we thought it would.

We had arranged the times the night before and it turned out we hadn't discussed it enough. We were actually only an hour away from the port so we had met up too early. A few people decided they wanted some McDonalds for breakfast (there was one where we had met) so Phil had two sausage and egg McMuffins with a coffee ($8.82 inc tax). We had a SatNav but we couldn't get it to work so we decided that we would follow Bethany, with Dave and Adam following behind in their cars.

By 9.05am, we were on our way to the port.

We drove on the 528 and paid $1 at the first toll with the second being $1.25. There were two more tolls after this, both of which were $1 each.

As we got nearer, we were keeping our eyes peeled for our first glimpse of the ship and saw it way in the distance as we drove over one of the high bridges. We were all so excited!

A bit further and we got to see the Disney Dream in all its glory

We were even more excited now and all had big grins on our faces.

We drove round to the drop area and pulled up just after 10am. We unloaded everything from the car, then Phil and my Dad took the cars back to the Alamo car place. Phil filled the car before dropping it off, this cost $28.16.

One of the porters had come over to us to help with our bags and as he waited quite a while with us, I tipped him $15. We joined the line for security which was quite long.

Once through security, we went straight up into the terminal and joined the short line to check in. Joe checked us in (10.35am) and we were given boarding number 3, which I was really pleased with. We were also confirmed as having early seating and all being sat on the same table for dinner (table 8).

I took Madison and Kaley to check in at the Kids Club and they were given their bands. I think Phil got back then

We used the toilets then took a few photos

The terminal was busy but wasn't unbearable and the size of it easily coped with the number of people

Phil took a couple of photos of the model of the ship

And then Madison showing off her new cruise magic band

We waited for a little bit and soon the boarding numbers started being called. Mum and Dad had number 1 so they went ahead and I couldn't believe what a fast process it was. Boarding number 3 was called while they were still in the line, though they were very near the front. We joined the fast-moving line and soon it was almost our turn to board!

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List