View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

New york

Our first morning, we got up, and headed to Macys, for around 10am. I love this store, the old wooden escalator is still there, and it has so much character!

Then we headed by subway downtown, to Greene St, so Harry could go to his favourite shop ‘Bathing Ape’ (dont ask) highly pretentious fashion but who am I to question a teenager?

Harry spent his entires years savings, in one go, then we walked to Bleecker St for some pizza slices, it was rough round the edges but we loved it.

When we were suitably full of pizza we headed to the Chelsea district, to start the Highline walk, this is an old disued rail line that has been turned into a park walk for everyone (FREE of CHARGE) and it was my highlight of our time in NYC, such an amazing place - flowers, performers, stalls, great views of the city, little benches to sit at, what a great use of something abandoned.

On our second day we went to the Woodbury Common outlet, it was quite a way on the bus, (an hour) but easy to do, and a nice mall, Im not really a shopper but my DH got timberland boots, and ralph lauren shirts etc.

On our last day we saw Frozen on Broadway, I LOVED it! I even got a glass of red wine, served in a plastic ‘sippy’ souvenir cup! 😂 which Im keeping...

We then headed by train to Long Island, to visit some friends - it was great to see outside of Manhatten, and I loved seeing all the cute houses with wreaths in their door, there were a few with the american flag flying in the garden too. (We didnt mention Trump to anyone we met in case we put our foot in it) They had prepared us a lovely dinner, and we also went to Jones Beach for a walk, it was beautiful white sand for miles...

And so ended our time in NYC, tomorrow we would be getting on the SHIP! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🛳🛳🛳

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List