Thread: DLP Oct 2018
View Single Post
Old 17 May 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Travel day

Rubbish nights sleep for the others, I can’t say I slept too well either, the room temp goes from turning you to jerky to making you into a human ice pop.

Up at 05.15 and quick showers all round before leaving the hotel at 05.55 for ferry at 6.45. As you can see it is very close to the hotel

Very simple process to board. We then sat waiting to be released from the car deck.

We decided on the bistro over the canteen as the menu looked nicer, and perhaps a higher standard of clientele, despite that they let us in anyway

Cooked breakfast, eggs bendict and drinks all round, was nice enough and not too expensive. In standard dreamadream family style, we finished breakfast before we evening left port

We then spent time roaming the ship, of course i did the Jack and Rose move on the deck, but let’s say it was more windswept that winslet... back indoors to the warm! We browsed duty free, this is where it lacks in comparison to airports, but there we go. However the cheap wine was a winner, but that would wait til our return, or sadly not as the case (or lack of ) may be

Wasted a bit more time, kids getting on ok so far

We disembarked on time, again very simple. Then a straight 3 hr drive to DLP. It was fairly simple, no great dramas. We did get lost a few times, but that’s what we do. My grandad would be ashamed, he was a flight navigator in the RAF. He would look at any map in the world once and could find his way around. We can’t even follow a live satnav

So we arrived. I choose hotel Cheyenne based on cost and theming. We have done Newport bay one Christmas and adored it, and we did Santa fa when the kids were young. As this was our third holiday of the year it had to be budget. I will talk more about this later on, but big regret on hotel choice for one reason only...
Check in was painfully slow. Hubby and kids went to get Starbucks lunch whilst I queued and queued... about an hour. I have no idea why it took about 15mins per family, as we were done and dusted in 5 mins. But we are simple folk

Into the room. Loved the theming, just as I imagined. Helped that there was a trundle bed as kids will not share. So much so we had to take a blow up bed to NYC as hotel wouldn’t provide an additional one...

Normally when giving a room tour I use the phase ‘and this where the magic happens’ ‘and this is where the tragic happens’ is more accurate today

Dumped our bags and off we went.

Hotel Cheyenne is about 10 min stroll to the parks.
Into Disneyland Park. All set up for Halloween, we loved the theming

We rode the Snow White ride, Pinocchio, carousel and a few others. I think we went on BTM but have no photos so can’t confirm.
We had dinner reservations at plaza gardens. Ow I know it’s not the best but in the past it has been great as something for everyone and you get a full meal without leaving the park.
We had the free half board so it was included, including drinks.
Lots of choice with meats, pastas, salads, breads and cheese etc.

Then onto the puddings, this is where our family gets their moneys worth, oink

I then have no idea what we did after this. My phone must of died as that’s where my photos that day ended.
Then onto a night of torture, next instalment in a mo

Edited at 01:03 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List