View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Plenty of room on the soap-box. "Wide-eyed rather than cynical" - I like that. I wish more people understood that it's love for the original Disney way that makes us hard on current Disney, rather than any disloyalty or dislike.

I also agree about "like" buttons. I play around with humour and language in posts because I enjoy it, but if I had to consider how many 'points' it's scoring I wouldn't enjoy it at all.

I don't feel obliged to read "Black Lamb...", but at a quick glance on amazon, it does look interesting.

I can't imagine Lady Macbeth drinking kaw-fee! But it is interesting the way we assume UK = original, old and USA = new, when, some things have actually changed from the original over here. Mainly, though, I've realised it doesn't really matter as much as I used to think. It's variety rather than right or wrong; it's about allowing and exploring it all, and flowing with the change that continues to come. Oops. Soap-box again!
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Please thank Poot for his replies and the extra details in them. I'm still chuckling about Papa Poubelle and I'm interested to read a little more about the Molasses Flood, so I shall follow that up. It's hard to believe you can still smell the molasses; that's very cool.

Mother didn't cook proper food because we were out all day at the Athletics. We had pretty bad seats but it was still good.

Ungrateful child!

I'm very sorry he didn't get proper food. Hope the pizza tasted good anyway.

Yes, I hear you - I think there are those who are perhaps a bit..."enmeshed" with Disney and who view any criticism (however constructive) as near-traitorous. Do we react this way to other corporations?

"How VERY DARE YOU criticise...AIRBUS!"

Mainly, though, I've realised it doesn't really matter as much as I used to think.

This is an interesting sentence. I knew that I was FINALLY starting to grow in wisdom when I began to find it easy to say things like "I was wrong" (and also just "I'm sorry" - rather than "I'm sorry, but..." ).

We will be in Boston later this month - I am VERY keen to see if I can smell the molasses.

And the pizza was...adequate. We live in the country (so no delivery) - it was a chilled one from Sainsbury's. I fear TF's mother would not have approved. I did toss a salad to go with it, though. So...veg.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List