View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Our Epic 7 Day NYC Trip - Day 3

Up early again Dan went to go to the gym in the hotel but it was packed so he was soon back, he went to get the usual lattes and I got up and ready, slowly but surely (we were on our own time today).

We caught the subway one stop to 5th Ave and then walked to the Central Park Zoo, we were a little early so went for a coffee and slice of cake at the zoo cafe. The queue for tickets was small and the entrance fee low. It was only $13.95 for standard entrance.

Whilst this is a small zoo the animals are fantastic, we saw the sea lions, penguins, snow leopards, Grizzly Bears, monkeys, swans, exotic birds, reptiles, bats and lemurs to name a few.
I would highly recommend visiting and its definitely worth the entrance fee. We spent around 2 hours here and also watched the penguins and sea lions being fed which was fun.

We then walked into the park and took photos on the large rocks, bridges, at Bethesda terrace and fountain, the Alice statue and the boathouse.

We then stopped for lunch at the Loeb Boat House. We shared some fries and had a burger each. The food was delicious and came to $21 with a bottle of water too. We also got ice creams, finding a seat was a bit challenging as it was really busy yet we found a little table soon enough.

It was now around 3pm so we decided to get an Uber from east 74th street back to the hotel to relax as we had our concert that evening.

Around 6pm we decided to walk over to Radio City Music Hall which was a good 7-8 blocks. We joined what at the time was a short queue and waited patiently whilst people watching.

We were let into the hall at 7pm and had to go through the usual bag checks and security which only took 10 minutes.
We were in awe of the lobby to this building it is beautiful and very Art Deco.

We made our way to the lifts to the 3 rd mezzanine
As we purchased our tickets late we were expecting a poor view but it was the opposite. Whilst we were sat on the very last row of the venue we were perfectly central and had a fantastic view, addition to all of this the hall was stunning visually and the seats were really comfortable - like armchair comfortable.

The warm up act was a guy called Jon Mclaughlin and if you like John Legend I suggest you look him up as he was fab.

Soon after 2 Cellos came on and they were fantastic. The sound in the hall was amazing and it was an all around brilliant gig.

If you get the chance to visit this building please don’t miss a trip to the loo, I know what your thinking - she’s crazy, but honestly its worth looking at as there’s a ladies lounge with lighted mirrors, seating and old Art Deco phone boxes.

After the gig we nipped to Duane Reade as I needed some throat lozenges as I had a sore throat throughout the day.
We then walked back to the hotel and picked up some grilled cheese sandwiches and cake from the premier deli on the way past.

We were back at the hotel for 11pm - following our food we were soon off to sleep.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List