Thread: Tendonitis
View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Had tendonitus in my knees loads of times. Physio was needed each time - maybe 8 sessions. They carried out deep tissue work, and the machine that basically drills electrical impulses into your knee to rebuild the muscle.
The big thing was quad stretches - pull your foot up behind your bum for 30s at a time. Five reps - three times per day.
Recovery time for me with the physio was generally 2 months.
I still do the quad stretches a few times per week and this seems to have kept it at bay.
Tendonitus seems to happen when your muscles aren't strong enough and when you then over use the knee, the tendons are the next stage beyond the muscle. So they give and get damaged.
TBH., I paid the money to see a private physio. Worth every penny. To me physios are magicians. A good one can work miracles. Finding a good one is the hard bit. Generally it seems sports physios seem to be the best.
Thank you, it is encouraging to hear that you did recover. I will have a try of the exercises and also look for a good physio and a sports massage therapist as someone mentioned above.

Honestly I never thought I would get so into exercising so its really frustrating as my head is ready to go but my knees are firmly saying no.