Old 3 Nov 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Glad I’m not too far behind on your report. Looking forward to the reviews and final result
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Those pastries look fab, DS would be very happy.
Ouch about the parking price but as DH doesn’t drive, and DS isn’t great on long car journeys, we always pay for Eurostar and staying on site which is a much bigger ouch!

Love the hallowe’en theming and that you got lots done but it’s a shame about so many things being closed, especially when you don’t know in advance.

We’ve done buffalo bills on all 3 trips, don’t know why as it’s exactly the same each time, but it would odd not to now. A family tradition I guess

Looking forward to day 3
Thanks for following along, we probably feel similarly about Hoop de Doo now to you with Buffalo Bills (last 2 times but a 3rd seems inevitable) so I think you're right about the family tradition!

EuroStar is a great option on a future trip I'd definitely think about a train ride and then stay a couple of stops up the line into Disney Village or I guess uber-ing from a nearby hotel. While I've paid for onsite in Florida and also will do for California next year I just can't bring myself to do it for DLP for some reason! Maybe it's the weather

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
€30 for parking... ouch! Just as well you've had such a lovely, fresh breakfast. I'm not really a big fan of pastries, particularly first thing, but these look good!

Looks like you've covered a lot of ground in one day and the park looks beautiful for Halloween. We'd love to visit at this time of the year, alas DH can have no time off during term time, and it seems awfully rude to go without him We were there for Easter and it was lovely too.

I don't remember the FP tickets looking so cute in 2015. Vey collectible indeed. Oh well, just well, as my (hoarder) daughter collects just about everything else

The ceiling issue you've identified isn't very Disney and rather disappointing. To be honest, I couldn't fault DLP on this front during our visit (or perhaps I wasn't looking closely enough) and we did have a fantastic 4 day visit. But there was something 'missing' and we haven't had the urge to return (like WDW), even though it is virtually on our door step. I'd be interested to see how you rate it against Efteling (which, as you know, we adored) and Europa Park (which we are so looking forward to visiting).
The Peter Pan tickets were particularly cute but they all seem a nice keepsake and a shame to give away instead of just punching them or tearing a piece off. DLP this time because I was looking I found some inconsistencies that you don't see in Florida, admittedly on previous visits we hadn't noticed, also with a 14yo they are harder to impress. BTW I have a EuropaPark map for you if you want it, returning your earlier offer/just PM

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Really enjoying your trip report, can’t wait to see your results at the end . I keep toying with the idea of visiting europa park but for us Efteling doesn’t appeal as it seems geared at younger children so will be interested to see if you and your daughter feel the same .
I'm finding it hard not to post spoilers trust me I know what you're saying, stopping there before I start to give things away - appreciate your following and commenting

Cheers all, Day 3 should be up either this evening or tomorrow night
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 11:57 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List