View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
FoxRed
Having Dinner with Goofy

The Adventures of Dani-Johnboy - The Wedding

I'm so excited that in just a few short hours, I can finally say that I'm getting married next year!
I still have over 500 days to go but after my countdown starting out at over 1000 days, it's moving fast and becoming real!

John and I have officially booked Paradise Cove on 11th July 2018 with Helen at Elegant Weddings of Orlando.

We are due to be married at 5pm and have the venue to ourselves until 11pm. There are around 40 people travelling to Florida to celebrate it with us so we could justify a reception.
Helen has taken care of everything, from the flowers, cake and photographer to the caterers and DJ. This just makes my life easier. Helen is amazing!

I have also booked out the bridal house to get ready in with my bridesmaids. We can use it from 12pm onwards which is fantastic as the air con will keep us cool and our hair frizz free (hopefully) until the ceremony and pictures.

Some might say we are taking a risk but we've decided to stay with my parents, John's parents, his brothers and Grandparents in the one big villa. The villa we've booked is HUGE! We all get along brilliantly but it's good to know that each couple has their own room and bathroom and place to escape to, if staying with family becomes a bit "too much" at times.
We booked our villa direct with the owners and they have been superb to work with so far.
Just look at it - it's so pretty!

It's a bit pricey but we are splitting the cost between 16 people and you only get married once so... why not!

So at the moment, we've planned pretty much what we can until our flights begin to be released. Thomas Cook prices came out a couple of days ago, and Virgin has released flydrive figures (although they are super expensive at the moment imo). John and I are looking at going into the travel agents etc in the new year to see if they can offer us a good deal as there will be 40 people behind us looking to book the same dates!

I'm going to try to post more and more and do a live trippy when we are over there so that I have these posts to look back on in the future.

Hopefully some of you will want to follow along.
So excited!

Intl Drive 1995 : Kissimmee 1998 : Highland Reserve 2014 :
Hampton Lakes 2015 : Polo Park 2016: Formosa Gardens 2018
FoxRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List