View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Boston History Tour October 2018: Day 1

It's 3:30am and in the grand tradition of live trip reports I'm awake stupid early so making a start. Day 1 is travel day. Our flight wasn't until 15:55 so it was a leisurely start to the day. We set off at 10:30 and then immediately got stuck on the M25 - joy! 3 hours later we finally arrive at Heathrow, already a bit late! However we whip through check in and security and get to most important part - the choosing of the flight Lego!

And then obviously onto lunch. Pete had been wanting to go back to Yo Sushi and I'll never say no to Yo!

We had an array of sushi, tempura, chips, salad, chocolate pudding (the notes on exactly what we had don't exist!). We did have the Japanese marble drinks that are quite exciting to open! Lots of pressure and sudden pffffzzzzz. This little lot came to about £37 with tip.

It was a really painless boarding experience despite being pulled over for an extra search. We boarded through upper class and got a little glimpse into life at the front. Maybe one day... We quickly got settled in and everything we might need for the flight organised. Then the nagging for the Lego started. Oh joy! They know it's after take off once we level out.

So this is just as the seatbelt signs went off! They don't know it yet, but we'll be heading to the Lego centre this week.

The drinks came around soon after. I've had a bit of a packed and anxious year leading up to this holiday so it was nice to finally relax. Building work is finally finished and we're on holiday! Yay!

Quickly followed by lunch. This is Doug's child's meal. Cheese spread, mini cheddars, cheese and tomato pasta, a chocolate pudding and a raspberry fruit lace thing. They played this meal just right for Doug!

The choice for the grown ups (and Pete) was chicken curry, sausage and mash or cheese and tomato pasta. I went for the pasta which was pretty good, although I was starving by now. It came with red wine, Boursin and crackers and a passion fruit gu pot.

Pete went for the chicken curry but didn't really enjoy it. Or the gu pot. Not really a success for him! But he'd had massed at lunch. I didn't get any photos of the afternoon tea as I might have been a bit tired and I might have been a bit arsy at this point! But it was a not bad cheese sandwich, chocolate square and crisps. I forgot to ask for tea which didn't help my mood.

Are the runways quite short at Boston as the braking was super hard on the way in?! We all had our hands on the seat in front! Doug fell asleep 15 minutes before landing so I had to carry him through but Immigration was super fast too and quite pleasant really. I'd booked a taxi service a few days ago and I'm so glad I did! We landed at 6.30 and at the apartment by 7.45. Where we mostly fell onto the sofa and then into bed.