View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

In the summer Whistler becomes a summer mountain resort. There's a lot of different walking trails that you can follow that range from easy to more difficult. We spent one afternoon up at the top of the mountains and could have spent longer up there. There's a suspension bridge right at the top and a suspended look out. We also did the ziplining that they do there. If you are feeling more adventurous there is also mountain biking. There's also the Olympic bobsleigh track which I think that you can have a go on (our children were too young, so I didn't really look into it that much). You can also do bear tours in Whistler. We didn't go up Grouse mountain as we knew that we were going to Whistler later (also there were serious fires which meant that there was a lot of smoke and no visibility).

If driving from Tofino to Whistler, you don't actually need to go back to Victoria. You can get a ferry from Nanaimo (3 hours from Tofino) to Horseshoe Bay and then it's only an hour up to Whistler (depending on traffic conditions) once off the ferry.

It's four hours from Victoria to Tofino, but there are a few places of interest on the way. The goats on the roof and Cathedral Grove are two that I could suggest.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List