View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
What is the benefit to booking today, over booking before the free dining/gift card offer ends in summer? Is it only room choice, and if so does that make such a difference to the price?

We will be booking a moderate (POR most likely), and haven't noticed much of a difference in the price between the rooms.

I am getting nervous now, with all this excitement, that we're going to miss out on something! We have booked free dining twice now, and both times booked June/July.
It's the fear of not knowing whether all the rooms/availability at your hotel will be gone. Disney have been restricting free dining more and more over the years so we don't know how many rooms they will allocate to this year's offer. Currently some of the hotels don't have standard rooms available so you might have to pick the next room category up which could be £100 more or it could be hundreds or even thousands of pounds more.

So it becomes a bit of a gamble and a test of your nerve - I think Disney probably will release more rooms over the coming weeks and this mad scramble today will prove unnecessary yet, having just posted in the last half hour saying I'm not going to do this, I've gone and succumbed to the pressure of it all and booked today anyway, getting a slightly higher cost room category as I didn't want to chance not booking and later regretting it. Loads of people won't be booking today and they'll still end up with the hotel and room category they wanted at a price they're happy with when they do get around to booking, I'm sure of that. I'm angry with myself for falling for the hype at the same time as just being relieved that it's done now - I know we've got the hotel sorted. Just need to get flights now
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List