View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Let's throw this in the mix.

I am watching the morning News here now.

Osceola County are giving a $20 bonus a day to their fully qualified teachers on top of their $12 an hour rate. This is because they are having difficulty recruiting. However this bonus is only payable on 11 days of the year not every day.

The $12 rate is only paid to those with many years of service. Newly qualified teachers get $9 an hour.

Servers in top Disney Signature restaurants are on over $100k per annum.

The World has gone nuts.
There's a Reddit Q and A where a response to a Disney server Q and A is from a US emergency room doctor who points out they are getting 2x his pay.
I had it from the horses mouth last month- ex Disney worker, the staff at the higher end restaurants are making 100k a year.
My view on this subject now is if anyone (it's even worse on Facebook ) wishes to 'tip shame' other Dibbers about leaving 10 or 15% ignore them - let them fund the lifestyles way out of proportion of the skillset required for the job, probably getting paid significantly more than they are. Tip what you want taking into account if you wish the likely incomes (full tables, grossly inflated food prices).
The serving staff at Disney Springs have had security accompanying them to the cars they are so loaded with cash.
Me, I'll never leave more than 10/15% in Disney unless exceptional. I'll save 18- 20% for the folks working places like Longhorn, Applebees etc.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List