Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
I don't mind tipping but this is what winds me up. We were tipping $70+ a meal sometimes because of more expensive drinks and food (onsite). That's a lot of money.
It is. And you don't have to tip that amount. It's entirely your choice. The 18%/20% is merely a suggestion. It isn't compulsory. There's no law that says you must tip $70 a meal.

Of course, when we see the suggestion 18%/20% amounts listed on the bottom of a bill many of us feel ashamed to tip significantly lower than that. We assume that's the "correct" amount to tip. But if tipping $70 winds you up then, well, don't tip that amount. It's your choice.

BTW, it's not like it was Disney that came up with the suggested 18%/20% amounts. It seems to be the standard in the US and so Disney are just following along (much to the delight of the servers, I'm sure).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List