View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irnman View Post
Getting confused on the visa front
Our plan is
Manchester-munich (3 hours)- Shanghai (5 Nights)
Shanghai- Munich (3 hours) - Manchester

Everything im reading is saying we wouldn't quality for the 144 hour visa as our inbound and outbound country (germany) is the same.
Is this correct?
Originally Posted by irnman View Post
How were the queues, the public, choice of food etc..
Anywhere outside of Disney you would recommend visiting?
From what I've read about the 144 hour visa... yes that wouldn't work. But I may be wrong.

Queues - can be bad, I remember a lot of queue cutting which was very annoying. And also very bizarre as there were people standing in the middle of queue lines trying to sell knock off Minnie headbands. The only upside is that the CMs seemed to be enforcing a rule that all parties must queue together, which eliminated groups of people trying to cut in front by saying they were joining their friends/family up ahead.

When I went they were doing paid FPs - I ended up paying for a couple of them which made my life so much better. The FP system then was a mess - heard it may have improved now though as they seem to have moved to a digital FP system?

Food - can't help much with food inside Shanghai DL as we mainly ate at the DLH CL lounge. We did have a meal at the restaurant inside the castle which was decent and let us meet Mickey/Minnie/etc without any wait but don't remember the food as being that memorable. There seemed to be a lot of decent chain restaurants in the Disney village right next to the parks though so that looked like a decent option to get food.

And yes there's definitely places worth visiting outside of Disney! We spent a couple of days in the city centre and went around some of the main sights, like Yuyuan gardens (super crowded during the day, much better going in the evening), Nanjing Road, the Bund, People's Square (I think), and also the Oriental Pearl Tower (didn't go up though). Couple of other places I can't quite remmeber. And a cruise along the Huangpu River at night which was quite nice. Lots of good food in the city too - the xiaolongbao from Nanxiang was great, as was the shengjianbao from Little Yang's. There's also the No 1 Food Store (I think) along Nanjing Road which seemed to be a department store dedicated just to food, which has a branch of Nanxiang and a branch of Little Yang's somewhere inside it. Basically we walked a lot along Nanjing Road and along the Bund...