Thread: Queen Mary 2
View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Queen Mary 2

DH has had a lifelong dream to cruise to New York on the QE2, then fly home on Concorde. Unfortunately, neither of those modes of transport are operational any longer - sad face.

So in 2 years he has a big birthday with a 0 on the end of it, plus it will be our 10th wedding anniversary, so out of interest I looked to see what now does sail to New York, and found that Cunard do a cruise to there on the Queen Mary 2. Ooh!

Given that we stayed for a night on the QM1 in Long Beach a couple of years ago, I thought that the QM2 may be a good substitute for his dream trip, so I went ahead and booked a 7 night cruise, followed by 4 nights in New York, and the package also includes a flight back to London (probably not on Concorde, though).

I was extremely surprised to discover 2 things. One, that even though this trip isn't until 2022, it is almost completely sold out. And two, the cost is actually comparable with 2 weeks in Disney World - not that we wouldn't rather go to Disney, but this will be a once in a lifetime trip for us, and I was just surprised at the cost!

I've put a deposit down, and we have a King room with a balcony - I thought it would be so special to sit on our balcony and watch sunset over the sea some nights.

Excited, me!