Thread: Sod’s law
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Sod’s law

The past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to change my lifestyle. I’ve been a couch potato for a couple of years and have piled the weight on.
I have a physical job and because of that, I seem to think I can slob out at weekends, eating what I want, when I want, with no structured exercise plan.
I was going to make use of my gym membership by swimming when the second lockdown happened, so I decided to make use of the fabulous walking and cycle paths locally.
Well yesterday while out on a walk I got a severe pain in my heel, it got so bad I couldn’t go into work last night.
I’ve managed to see a doctor this morning (telephone appointment) and she says it’s probably Plantar Fasciitis. It means I’ve got to rest up and as I’m on my feet all the time at work, I’ve got to stay off until it feels better, which could be weeks.
It doesn’t feel as bad this morning but still very sore. I’ve not been off work sick for years, I’m going to have to lock the biscuits away!
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List