View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
I used a website Trusted Housesitters in 2019 as was recommended on the Dibb. It cost a fee to register but the actual sit was free as the sitters use it as an opportunity to stay somewhere.
Our sitters were lovely and very experienced, we video called beforehand, they had lunch with us before we left and took copious notes. I suppose you do have to have a bit of trust here but the site has review of both sitters and the hosts. Our dog didn’t like to be left so he was taken on lots of days out, we had picture of him on a train, by the pub etc and it was obvious he and the couple had become quite fond of each other. They kept the house tidy and even fixed the shower whilst here and sent updates and pictures every few days.

We looked at the big house sitting companies and they seem to offer a comprehensive service but our quote was £1600 which was more than we wanted to pay.
I am really interested in registering for this site, when putting in details do you need to put photos of your pet/home/local area etc. We live quite rural in SW Scotland so its not exactly a hot spot for travel
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List