View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Cooke-meister
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile Different sizes of pick up at MCO?

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been asked before!

A bit of background first off:

I am looking to rent a large Pick Up (Ford F150/Dodge Ram 1500 etc) from MCO dropping off in Tampa in September 2020.
Always wanted to drive one but all my previous holidays to the States have been road trips with huge one way fees, so thought this would be the perfect chance to get one at a reasonable price!
I can get 2 weeks for around £450 for the large pick up (sometimes classed as premium), BUT I can get an intermediate pick up (Nissan Frontier or similar) for around £360 - both through Alamo.

Which leads me on to my actual question...

Does anyone have any advice on whether I should book the cheaper class and hope that I will be able to just get the larger class anyway? Or just spend the extra £90 to be guaranteed?

I have read that Alamo at MCO do not have a 'Standard' car aisle, and so if you booked a standard size car you would basically be guaranteed a size up. I didn't know if this was the case for pick ups too? As I cant imagine pick ups being in high demand at MCO (but I could be wrong!)?

Many thanks in advance guys
Cooke-meister is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List