View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cindy2015
Getting Excited

We were really looking forward to going here on our trip in June of this year. We had watched while it was in construction the previous year and given that we love steam punk we were all very excited - it was going to be one of our special evenings.

We had to wait 1.5 hrs for our table and to be honest that wasn't a problem as we went back to IoA and did the Hulk and Men in Black. However our table was on the terrace area and a bit warm for us to be honest but also very last table near where waiting station is so a bit noisy. Once seated our order was taken within 10 minutes but we then waited for 50 minutes before our food arrived and when it did our desserts arrived first and then 20 minutes later our main courses. The desserts are huge, one enough to share between 4. My kids were starving and it was late so dived in to the desserts and were full by the time mains arrived. The desserts were good - my only complaint is the amount of that canned cream used (and which remained a solid lump in the bottom of the jars the next morning) The main courses were also good but hardly touched as a result. Also never saw any of the characters given where we were sitting.

I didn't complain at the time but should have - its expensive for a family to eat here. I know they weren't open that long but still Universal are very experienced and this shouldn't have happened.

Having said all that I still think it will be on our list for our next visit. The food is good but do take the other posters advice and go there mid afternoon to avoid waiting and busy times.

Cindy

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Cindy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List