View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
With you on that Walt4it - just think how spectacular it would be now with LEDs. We once did a Backstage Tour and I was allowed to wear the cloak that the Evil Queen wore in the parade (Quite appropriate my DH comments!) It weighed some 50 pounds. and that is why...

the Evil Queen in the Spectro parade was originally a bloke!

it was adapted later to be a much lighter version.
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Don't avoid that rant! On our first ever visit to MK we went in an evening, and ended up watching Spectro. My son was 2 at the time and asleep, but woke up and watched the whole thing transfixed. Since then it's held a really special place in my heart.

It was a mesmerising thing to watch, and the music was just so "Disney". I don't mind admitting it bought a tear to my eye. I was very sad when it was replaced with MSEP which I really did not like as much.

And now there's nothing, which makes me sad. We're taking my daughters other half for his first visit next year and he'll not get to see it. The daytime parades are not the same in my opinion. It's too hot and humid, and nothing is lit up.

For me, nothing finished up a trip to Disney like the night time parade. Last time (2015) we got the fast pass seating in the centre of town square and it was brilliant.

Thank you both - I will always rant about the loss of Spectromagic, WDW's very own parade and held every ounce of Disney Magic in it.
The music is still sublime and there is a beautiful piano version that just touches the magic.

Will always be missed

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List