Old 11 May 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
PLANE FOOD

Oh my god it’s like 3am here and I’m wide awake lying on the floor of the hotel. The kids and DW are snoring so bad. I had no intention of doing this so early!

So onto the plane food.

We had a sneaky suspicion that the plane food wasn’t going to be to our liking after recent reports of the menu so we got some meal deals from Boots to bring on the plane.

Once we had taken off they were very quick in bringing us drinks which was good. This was constant throughout the flight. I do hate the size of diet cokes though. One gulps.

The service was excellent though, especially in regards to Evie which I will detail in the Travel Day on my trip report.

When they did show us the menu I was delighted that we had chosen the sandwiches as the menu didn’t appeal to any of us bar Evie.

Evie wanted the pasta but they had run out so they got her meal from Premium Economy. She had the chicken teriyaki which she loved.

From Boots I had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich that was disappointing. Not much flavour at all. Lily kept on with her old school eats and had a plain cheese sandwich.

Kelly had a duck wrap. We also Pringles.

A little later on we given little Fab ice creams which were nice.

We also ate way to many Haribo’s and strawberry laces as well.

About an hour or so before landing we were brought round little boxes that contained “high tea”.

This consisted of a seeded roll with mozzarella and pesto. It was ok.

The box also contained a scone, clotted cream and jam. The scone disintegrated as soon as I tried to apply the clotted cream. It tasted ok though.

I much prefer Del Boy clotted cream Thank you I’m here for 3 weeks.

Was it called “High Tea as you had to be “High” to enjoy it or because your “High” in the air? I can’t decide.

So that was the plane food. Not better or worse than expected.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List