Old 12 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
THE POLITE PIG DISNEY SPRINGS

This will be a very mixed review. Echoing my 4Rivers review from 2017. The girls were very hot after a really long wait for the boat from POFQ to Disney Springs so weren’t in the best of moods when we arrived.

I was expecting it to be busy but it wasn’t. Now this is a place I recommend you peruse the menu beforehand before joining the queue, unlike us! It moved quicker than we thought. In hindsight we should have let others pass us but just rushed our order. When I say “we” I mean anyone not “me” as I off course am a pro and new exactly what I was having

Kelly went for the Fried Chicken sandwich which had Sweet and Smoky BBQ, Duke's Mayo, Pickles and Cole Slaw served with Pickle Spear. She thought this just ok and a bit spicy and too saucy for her taste.

It included a drink and she chose a fountain drink(Diet Coke)

Lily for a change(not) went for the kids Mac and cheese with came with carrot sticks and apple juice. Lily is a seasoned mac and cheese connoisseur and considered this to be below par. I believe this was because it wasn’t the processed stuff her palate is accustomed too

Evie went for the Smoked Turkey BLT which had Sweet BBQ Bacon-onion Jam, Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato and Duke’s Mayo served with a Pickle Spear. She said it was ok but to be honest I think she was tired. I tried this and thought it ok but I’m not a fan of turkey. She had water to drink.

Looking back the sandwiches weren’t the best use of a q/s credit as they didn’t come with sides which mine did.

I went from The Smoker selection, Baby Back Ribs. These are Polite Rub Baby Back Ribs with Layla’s Sweet BBQ Sauce served with Jalapeño Cornbread, Signature Polite Slaw and choice of one Market Side which I chose the bbq waffle fries. I absolutely LOVED these. Really really tasty and a lovely flavour to them. I also grabbed a couple of the sauces they offer(photo fail and description fail) to go with them. I also had a bud light and was disappointed not to be asked for ID!

I loved it but didn’t like being asked to pay a tip for the sever at the time we paid at the beginning. We hadn’t even eaten yet or seen the service!

So it’s clear for us that I love BBQ and the ladies don’t. Heathens.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List